As a mother, there a some days I wish the hands of the clock would turn faster. Get me to the end. Then there are days, I wouldn't mind time to stand still. Saturday was one of those days. Abete was home. Taron and Keaeton were home. (They did spend Friday night with Stephen since he was in town for Keaton's pinewood derby.) The girls and I had our boys home. All of us played, laughed and enjoyed each other. I watched on in awe at the opportunity I have just be a part of it all.
We began with a quick stop at my nephew Traeton's soccer game. I ended up not getting any photo's due to a hungry baby. I may enjoy these games even more than his mother. I know I am not the one having to take him to practices, bring snacks and make sure we are there 20 minutes early. I got there late, took snapshots in my mind and this proud aunt watched that young man play with all his heart.
Then we were off to the pinewod derby district races. Stephen brought his son Cooper. Taron kept him entertained as we waited for Keaton's race. Maybe that was the other way around.
Curious Cooper found Olaya.
His deep chocolate eyes watched on in wonder.
Can you see her eyelashes?
Stunning.
Keaton's car on the far right.
He did well but did not place high enough to go on.
PHEW....our afternoon was now free.
Tata kept himself entertained.
Olaya didn't know what to think.
Keaton got some words of encouragement from his dad.
Once the racing was over
it was time to play in the sun at Ross Park.
Olaya enjoying her first time to bask in the sun.
Keaton hiding from the sun.
We enjoyed time on the swings, climbing rocks and a family game of baseball. Is there any better way to enjoy a Saturday afternoon? This type of day is what I call restorative. I was really needing to have all my family close to me. Like a plant kept in a shady room, first exposed the the warm rays of the sun, I felt my body recharging -emotionally, spiritually and physically. I needed this day.
I watched on as Belle ran and played with her dad. Her face brightens up when he is around. She wasn't wanting to hit the ball so when Taron hit it far, she went and chased it.
I believe I am watching Taron change right before my eyes. He looks more like a man every day. And there is nothing I can do about it.
Belle just wants to have fun.
Even though Taron says the playground toys are boring,
he was kind enough to pasify his sister.
Keaton was plain tuckered out from all the excitement.
I think we all were.
Taron caught a picture of her feet haning out.
SOOOOO cute.
By time to go home,
even Belle was exhausted.
We caught her sunbathing/resting on ROCKS?!
We concluded our day on the living room floor watching Free Willy: Escape From Pirate's Cove. Father time don't let these moments espace to quickly. Let me enjoy my babies a little longer before they begin changing. I know...it's to late. I will have to savor every moment we have while I can.
















Tara - What a fun day and what a cute family. I am with you. Taron is changing so much and getting so tall. For a minute I didn't even recognize him. Olaya is so beautiful. I love those lashes. What proud big brothers and sister she has!
ReplyDeleteOhh, So happy that you are doing well and happy with all your precious kids! Time does fly by so quickly..i will savor every minute! Love ya
ReplyDelete