Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blessings From Strangers

Olaya and I took a walk around the hotel property this evening.  Instead of using the stroller (since we forgot to bring it) I was carrying her in her snugli (which I love having her close to me).  We saw rabbits, some big muskrat looking thing and lots of birds.  The humidity was low and the temperature perfect 70's.  Beautiful day in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

While heading back to the hotel we saw two Fijians drive up.  I wasn't sure how to introduce myself.  Luckily one of them said, "Hey are you Mrs. Batini."  As we chatted out there a perfect stranger pulled up.  As he walked past us, pausing he commented on how beautiful Olaya is.  I thanked him and then noticed how tenderly (not in a creepy way-a reminiscent way) he looked on Olaya.  I could almost feel him taking her in.  Reaching out, he touched her hand.  We talked briefly and then he said it all goes by so fast.  I couldn't agree with him more.

He then reached in his pocket, pulled out his wallet and showed me a stunning dark haired young woman.  As he shared this picture with me....side note....with cell phones and all it sure is nice to see someone still carries an actual photo paper picture-that is real love....I could feel the love he has for his daughter.  He told me she just turned 19 and that any day now my baby will be as well.  How true that is!!!!

Again he commented on her beauty and very lovingly leaned down kissing her on the head.  I could sense he wanted to touch and hold Olaya but I think it was more a desire to hold and love on his own daughter.  He looked me in the eye and said, "God bless you and your beautiful daughter."

So I say to the stranger in Scranton, "Thank you.  Thank you for loving my baby for one little moment.  Thank you for showing me love and kindness in a new and unfamiliar place.  God bless you in your journeys and to you and your family."

Just another wonderful thing I have seen on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.