Monday, September 14, 2009

Description of previous post

Each time I loaded the pics from our fun Sat night, if I tried to add words it would get way funky and would not post. We went with our Polynesian family to a place just off the Raft River exit. It is actually someones home that I have come to learn are the Steadman's. This place is their backyard. My question, HOW DO YOU MARRY INTO THIS FAMILY??? OK a little to late for me but can you imagine going to grandma's house? From what I understand they let church groups and family reunions use their yard FOR FREE. We all had to sign a waiver in order to use the slide and rip cord.

I had no idea this place existed but I send out a thank you to the family that owns it because they game my family one of the best memories we will ever have. We laughed and played and enjoyed each other. I woke up Sunday morning with a smile and laughing at the evening before. We all did. I was scared to death watching my daredevil husband use the zip line and then he gave rides to every child that wanted one. One time he even rode only hanging onto the hand bar and hung so the boy could put his feet in the foot holds.

Also, as a family we are so grateful for our adopted extended family. This is the best group of people and never cease to amaze me at their willingness to open their arms to us. Driving home thinking of our great friends made all of us think about our potential move to Vernal. Will we ever find friends like this again?? I know we will but it is hard to think of saying goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny. I think their son Kurt Steadman married my roommate Susie Belnap. I know he was from Raft River and that his family had a lot of land there. Funny if it is his family. It is a small world. I'm glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.