Monday, September 7, 2009

My Mother


I wanted to take a moment and let me mom know how much I value her in my life not only as my mother but also as my friend. Yesterday I drove up to mom's camp site with my sister Christine and Belle. Mom went up for the holiday weekend and I only felt up to spending the afternoon. I am always in awe at how much work goes into these little excursions. She does it with a smile.
As we pulled up to the site mom came running out thrilled that we were able to come up for a while. I love that feeling. I love surprising her but also the feeling of her open arms eager to embrace me. It was completely worth the drive to have that experience.
My Aunt Sharen and Uncle Rob and their kids were also there as well as Maria, Jeff and their kids. They were all willing to do the work to camp. Hopefully next year we will be able to share in more of those camping weekends. Once I get up there, I don't want to leave. Although my bed calls for me once darkness falls.

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice of you to say about your Mom. She is such a wonderful woman! Love your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.