I was not disappointed. In our faith, the first Sunday of the month gives the members of the congregation an opportunity to bear their testimony. My angel Belle never misses. She looks forward to this day all month. I don't really know where she gets her strong desire to go before the entire congregation and share her thoughts about the gospel. She is never afraid as she goes up alone each month. She wants to be first. It was cute today when she realized the testimonies had started without her. I don't let the kids color or draw until after the sacrament is blessed and passed. This was completed and she quietly started a word game with her brother. After the second testimony she looked up in shock. Yes, she was the very next to go up. I love you my darling Belle. Your faith and testimony is a strength to me and the many that hear your words and feel of your spirit each month.
Next, Taron had a talk in primary. He read the presidency message from the Friend magazine and then talked about ways he can share the spirit of Christmas. Me mentioned how the missionaries stopped and helped him shovel the snow on Saturday and that he could do that for others. I was pleased to watch him give his talk. After all our meetings were over he found me and asked if he and of his friends could go out and shovel walks from today's snow. My first thought was not to let him because today is Sunday. Then I realized what better day to serve our neighbors and how wrong of me to deny him this opportunity.
After we got home and had lunch, his friends showed up and Taron and Keaton went out for 1 1/2 hours randomly shoveling walks and driveways as they strolled through the neighborhood. My heart was full as they walked out the door. They didn't just talk about the Christmas spirit. They went out to share it. We are lucky to have a wonderful neighbor who affectionately asks to be called Big Mama. She is a minister of another faith but will attend our activities and the ward has done much service for her congregation and building in town. The boys went to her home but were sad to see her walks had already been shoveled. It is down right freezing outside. However, when they entered the door and told me of their service, they commented how they never got cold. My boys, you lift and teach me everyday. I can not begin to thank you for having the strong desire within you to do what is right. I watch you grow into fine young men that want to serve the Lord. This day I am the happiest mother on earth.
I am not surprised. They were feeling the love of our Savior Jesus Christ. Their acts not only warmed their physical bodies but it warmed their hearts and mine. I am grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father. I am reminded my struggles may not go away through service but the strain upon my soul can certainly be lightened as I give to others.
As a wonderful close to our Sabbath worship, I gathered my children around the computer and we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Words can not express my love and gratitude for a Prophet that leads and directs us. I am blessed to live in a time where I can hear his words in my home. I loved the message of Pres. Uchtdorf, Pres Eyring and then from Pres Monson. If you missed it and would like to hear their words and listen to the beautiful music this is the link.. I could listen to the music all night.
This post made me so happy and so sad! So happy for you and the beautiful examples your children are setting, no doubt because of the example you are setting for them. But sad because my Sabbath was not even close to similar. The kids and I lounged around and watched television and videos all day. We had a decent excuse. We've been sick. Very sick. For way too long. But yesterday felt like any other day because I didn't choose to make it sacred. I should have. I could have. We could have watched the devotional, read scripture stories together, etc. But I forgot. Thank you for the reminder. I may have missed yesterday, but tonight is still Family Home Evening. Which I wasn't really planning on doing. Now, however, my children and I will not be missing out on that opportunity to strengthen ourselves this week. You are such a wonderful person! I love that you share your testimony in each and every post. It really is such a strength and inspiration to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And happy holidays!
ReplyDelete