Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pinewood Derby 2010

For many, this time of year is not pleasant. We are pretty lucky Stephen enjoys this event as much as the boys. Each year the boys have placed high in the racing and this year was no exception. Taron has now aged out so we only have Keaton competing. When all was said and done Keaton took first in his bracket and will now go to district. The look on his face was priceless as was the look on his dad's. I don't know which boy was more pleased.

I want to express my gratitude to Stephen for never dropping the ball on this thing. During my years of single hood (although now married, with Betz out of town, I am still single-parenting) I never had to worry about how the cars would get made. Many others in my position had to ask men in the ward, neighbors, family members or boyfriends. In addition, not only did Stephen get the car done, he made sure they were winners and looked awesome doing it.

Cherish this moment, it may not happen again for a while.....
THANKS STEPHEN!!
Night Hawk
Stephen and Taron waiting for the race.

HMMM---something must be up---last year they used
Bishops, this year detectives andSheriff deputies--
to top it off in the opening prayer
the young boy prayed for no fighting.....
SHOULD WE BE WORRIED????
Our Champion

The Girls

How do things go for you during the pinewood derby?

Have you have to involve the police and pray for peace?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha!! That is hilarious!! I still have a few years until I will need to worry if the hubby is in town or not for the derby, so no experience here. But I have to say how much I love your attitude towards your childrens' father. I'm sure there are times that it is hard, but you never (at least not here, and so I'm assuming also not in front of your children) say a bad thing about him. What a wonderful gift to your kids. You are such an incredible woman. I'm so glad I know you!

    Oh!! And P.S. Congrats to those cute boys!! I'm sure they were proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that is hilarious!! Congratulations Keaton!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.