This afternoon the kids and I worked hard to get housework done. I wanted to bring a little order to my piles and then have family home evening. I knew it would be short but an attempt just the same. After we finished homework I asked Taron to get me The Friend to read a little story out of. Thinking he would get the October issue, I didn't look at the cover when I started searching. I flipped the pages and came upon "Stop Bullying Now". It seems the kids have had some challenges with this as givers and receivers. PERFECT!!
As a parent it is hard to see your children ill treated and of course as a mother we get protective. However, no child is immune from being the instigator as well. The lesson material was great. It was wonderful to start the kids recognizing times they have been wrong the last little while. We also talked about ways to get away from and stop a bully.
The funny thing is, Taron grabbed the September issue. I don't think it was a mistake. We needed that lesson and the Lord made it happen. Thanks for remembering us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. Thanks.