I don't know how exactly I got the 7:40 a.m. start time for conferences but I managed to drag my buttocks out of bed and get to the school right on time with three kids in tow. I use to dread this day but really not so much anymore.
Keaton was first. He is such a pleasure to have in class and his teacher truly does enjoy him (she was not just saying it.) I felt she genuinely wants Keaton to succeed and she focused on his strengths and then saw ways he/we can improve. Overall he had a great progress report. Each night we are all going to have 40 minutes of reading/homework no matter what. I need to spend a little more time one on one watching the kids read and reading with them. I look forward to No TV Time and just being present with the kids.
Taron did a power point slide show. Really, my little baby is growing way to fast. Maybe it is the pregnancy (I have always been quick to tears-must be from my Grandma Wallace) but I could not help but getting misty eyed as he went through each slide. It was really nothing more than his progress report and input for future goals. However I saw him as a young man teaching. A missionary preaching. I saw him as more than just my little boy.
Isabella was the last conference. She is also doing very well and quite artistic. Of course she needs to work on leaving other kids alone while they are finishing their work, my little social bug. Her teacher thinks she is right on track and also more reading, reading, reading at home.
I have my work cut out for me with my own class work to work on. Now all of us will be working on it together each night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. Thanks.