What my neighbors must think of me?!?!
This morning five of them stopped to assist my children
(I do live in the best neighborhood
with the best neighbors)
as they walked to school
(weather was not that cold)
only to be turned down with the response,
"No thank you. We're in trouble
for not getting ready on time."
Maybe tomorrow they will believe me when I say,
"If you don't hurry and miss the bus,
you will be walking to school."
(I know going with a natural consequence was the right thing.
The distance to school can be walked in less than 10 min
....all down hill...
but I could not stop worrying until they got home after school.)
Do you think they felt as guilty as I did??
Ha ha ha ha!! You are an AWESOME mother!! This was a perfect consequence. They'll be just fine. Probably even better because you'll have taught them a valuable lesson on punctuality. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally think you did a good job!! And it worked!! Next time, tell your children to say "Mommy is teaching me a valuable life lesson, and I am really appreciative of all of her time and effort." :0) It can't hurt to dream right? :0)
ReplyDelete