Monday, November 15, 2010

FHE-

What do you get when you take two soon to be divorced women on a Monday night that really could use some happiness right about now?

Well, since you asked.....picture me and my four kids, my friend Faye and two of her kids and three plates of goodies.  See Faye and I were thinking it would be easy to feel blue right about now.  But since we aren't really wanting to be pathetic broken women, we decided to share some cheer with unsuspecting neighbors.

So we took those treats to three of our friends we figured could also use a pick me up.  However little did we know what was in store.

Since the kids could not decide who was going to drop the goodies and run....all five (Olaya stayed in the car)  went to each house.  Here we are at first house with five kids creeping ever so ninja like to the front door.  The motion light comes on and there just happens to be four teenage kids walking by that have no idea what is going on.  When our kids start running, instinctively the other four take off as well thinking something bad just happened and they didn't want to get busted for it.

Imagine nine...count them nine kids barreling down the street.  Not exactly stealth operations.  Two from the other group dove in some bushes and when the other two walked by the car I apologized.  They just asked what was that.  I told them we just dropped a plate of goodies at their door.  They were quite relieved and laughed so hard that they just ran a block for no reason. 

Faye and I laughed for the next 20 minutes.  What an image.

Second house....although the recipient sort of knew we were coming, she still released the family pet on the kids.  This time picture 5 screaming kids and one barking dog.  Again, another stealth operation.

Third house...we just went in and visited.

Planning to make this a weekly activity.  Love spreading joy.  Something we all needed tonight.

Thanks Faye, I love you!  Love your friendship, strength and creativity.  Thanks to my kids and hers for an awesome memory.

Love to all my blog checkers.  I know many don't leave messages here but have on facebook or to my cell and email.  Your words life and encourage me.  At some point I imagine I will be more clear about what has happened but for now I can only deal with one detail or thought at a time.  But I will say...there will be no reconciliation.  Although it seems to be quite accepted in the Fijian community in Vernal, having a girlfriend while still married is not ok with me.  Marriages end.  I get that.  But let it end with some dignity.  And I don't want to start on the lack of self-respect this woman has for herself to enable a man to behave this way......so yes....Abete has a girlfriend that he plans to be with and take to Fiji when I have him deported.  The "community" accepts him and her and the only reason he told me was because he knew it would get back to me since he had her in the "community".  Great community to support a cheater. 

On my part...we are doing well.  I hope to address my thoughts on this on a later date but for now just know we are drawing closer to each other.  I have an amazing family.  I am blessed to be a mother.  These four children are my touchstones.  I know I should feel broken and sad......but really I feel blessed.  (If you have been in a relationship like this one, you know exactly what I mean by that.)

Good night to all.  I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a fabulous day. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. And at the same time I'm grateful on your behalf. Grateful that you have your beautiful Olaya and grateful that you are not going to be stuck in this horrible sham of a marriage. I'm also angry for you. So so so angry!! You are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara! It was sooo much fun and I am sure we will be laughing about it for years to come! I am so, so, so blessed to have great friends like you! Love ya bunches!
    ~Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, you are such a strong person! I truly look up to you and try to be as good of a mom as you are! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking of you & sending 'good thoughts' your way...Sure love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, I'm sorry that you & your beautiful kids have to go through all of this. You are a amazing person and will make it through this with a smile! Hang in there it will all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry beyond words. I am appalled. He was so blessed to find you-but it takes two. Everything I've heard you post or say-though I'm sporadic on reading people's blogs-you are an amazing woman, I wish I could be like you! I am so happy you have the Lord and your children! Bets and some guys out there are confused. What they are doing is so wrong. Everyone including themselves know it. They're just in denial and using each other to justify their actions. They're lying to themselves and each other. I do hope someday they will turn around-but I don't know what it will take. . . The agony they're causing others is deplorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.