Yesterday was the baby shower/mother's blessing for me and Olaya. While I will talk about that and post pictures in a different post, today I started thinking about all the preparations Olaya is going through on the other side of the veil.
I wonder who is with her. I ponder over the instruction she is receiving. Today is my grandmother's birthday...or would have been. She passed away last April. I wish I had more time to have learned from her before she left this life. However, I take comfort she is with Olaya now. I know my grandmother Vera is also with Olaya. I can't imagine two more amazing women to hold her hand and escort her to me.
I have been preparing my birthing bundle to take to delivery. To represent my husband I would have chosen his rugby ball but I don't really want to look at that thing while laboring. Instead I decided to use his lava lava to wrap the rest of the contents in. Then during labor I can drape it over me or just hold/clench it. I am taking rings from my grandmothers. I know Grandma Wallace never enjoyed pregnancy but she sure did love being a mother. I will take her wedding ring. From Grandma Contreras I have an opal ring. Created at the shower is my birthing necklace which symbolizes the support and positive energy from the women there to bring me strength during labor and delivery. Representing my children I am including a few non-important rocks. They are always bringing me rocks and we have a collection I can not discard. I don't know yet what to include to represent me. I have to think a little more about that.
I know Olaya won't be bringing a bag with her on her journey but I am sure she is being told many things to remember as she makes her way here.
My Sweet Child,
I think of you every day, maybe every minute. For now we share this body and soon you will separate from me. I realize more and more every day how great a miracle I have the blessing to be a part of. I am able to create....like God. You are my creation. You are my offering to the world. Is there any greater achievement than to say I am a mother?
I am trying to be patient. I am honoring your knowledge of when to come. I am trusting my body will respond the way you need it to when the time is right. I am ever so eager to hold you in my arms and feel you against my chest but I am allowing you to choose the moment.
18 days is the countdown
All My Love,
Mother
Such beautiful thoughts! This is one lucky little spirit to come to such a righteous mother. I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it!
ReplyDelete