Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hold Ife accountable...


I hold Ife accountable . . . for inviting my husband to play rugby with ISU and giving us a Valentine's to never forget.

Knowing is was freezing, Belle and I went to the field an hour after the game started. The following is what I found . . . My husband's face was covered in blood.


Ife's knee was bloodied.
Apparantly they put the guys on opposing teams.

Abete did get Ife's leg, but it was another player that found their shoe in my husband face. Lovely!!

Remember, it is Valentine's Day. No kissing for us.

We ended up heading to urgent care to get it checked out and left with three stitches on the top of the bottom lip and four on the underside of bottom lip.

What a day!

We did end the day with a special date to the stake Valentine's dance and it was wonderful to be held in his arms. It was hilarious each time he went to kiss me, he remembered his lips were hurt and stopped. I had to kiss him on the side of his face. Everyone thought it was funny when they asked what happened and we replied....

this is what happens when you show up with out a present on Valentine's day to a Latin woman.

When it was all said and done, only thing my husband complained about was the "freaking cold".

This was a day to remember.


2 comments:

  1. wow! I sorry! i wish your day could have gone better. At least you had a memorable one and one that you got a cute story out of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His poor face!! I agree, definately one you won't forget!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.