For the six people that follow my blog . . . just kidding . . . you know that Keaton and I have been working really hard to change our lifestyle and get healthy. Prior to leaving for Vernal, I was down 11 pounds and Keaton was down 8. We were both flying pretty high.
I have been afraid to weigh myself since getting home due to the excessive amounts of food we ate in Utah. We were only able to run twice while we were out of town and I really felt the difference. Overall I don't think we did horribly bad but I knew I could have been better...but if you were there to see Jolene's fresh wheat bread come out of the oven you would have understood my weakness. However, it was the healthiest thing we probably ate because she grinds her own wheat right before she uses it. We had wheat pancakes, rolls and bread.
I digress. So this afternoon, after sleeping in until 1:00 p.m. (love being home from vacation) I ventured a visit to my old friend the bathroom scale. After weighing myself 10 times I figured it must be accurate and as of today I have dropped 20 lbs. (I had Betz weigh himself to see if my scale is trying to trick me.) It seems to be accurate. I am not seeing it in the mirror but my pants feel better. Betz says he can see it but I am not sure if that is the love drug speaking or he really does see the weight loss (good husband either way, I say).
So there you have it. I am excited to get back on the workout wagon this week and eat more salads. We will keep you posted.
That is awesome, Tara!
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome!! I'm glad you guys had fun on spring break! (The bread DOES sound yummy...I would have given in too!)
ReplyDeleteHooray for you!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!! Keep up the good work :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing AWESOME! Wish I was doing that good. Keep it UP!
ReplyDeleteTara- thanks for the comforting words you posted on my blog. Sometimes I wonder if the job loss is the trial or it is everything that comes after that. Thanks for you support and love and CONGRATS on the weight loss. I always love the eat more, lose more diets-you will have to start making your own wheat bread now. Anyway, Love you and the family-Maria
ReplyDeleteTara! Awesome. I can't believe you did so well, even on vacation. Okay. You are my inspiration. It's time to kick my behind in gear. How fun to see Dan and Jolene too.
ReplyDelete20 pounds! Wow!!! You're amazing. I felt good when I jumped on the health wagon, but then I got sick and dove off. I haven't made it back on yet- but you just inspired me. Thanks!
ReplyDelete