
This morning as I went to shower, I was given a nice shock. I got in and turned the knob to where I always do and then pulled it. Well, water came out but it was not hot or even the least bit luke-warm. It was ice cold and I was already running late. We had planned to attend my friend Christie's ward to support her while the blessed their baby which just so happens to be our old ward and the ward of other friends. I was excited.
But after Betz and I went to look at the problem and determined it would best be fixed by a phone call to the landlord, I went and climbed back in bed. My sweet husband looked at me in shock. Maybe I am the only one that feels this way but there was no way I would be attending church with just a rinse of the armpits. He laughed at me and told me the Lord just wants me to be there. He dared to ask me if the excuse I would give the Lord for not dedicating my day unto him was because I had no hot water. I sat for a moment and said ....umm, well yes (and I said it with confidence). The Lord had to know I wanted to go to church. I mean I was standing in the shower ready to prepare for services but something out of my control stopped me.
Yes, well he didn't accept this either. I have never minded if someone was mad at me but I can't stand it if they are disappointed in me and I think I saw the disappointment in his eyes. With that and still my desire to have a shower, I called my friend Michele and trudged over to her house to shower. I ended up 30 min late to sacrament meeting but it was nice to see my husband sitting with the three kids and dealing with them all by himself. I love this man more and more every day. He continues to teach me and lead me (sometimes when I don't want him to). But I am reminded this is what Heavenly Father had in mind for us. He knew I needed a strong partner. Maybe with something as small as no hot water, I learned attending my church meetings is important. Thanks my darling for being patient with me. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. Thanks.