Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring (I use that term losely) Break 2009

Vernal, UT Temple



I would like to say we went to someplace tropical for a week but no we went someplace even better . . .Vernal, UT. I give my shout out to my Auntie and Uncle Dan and Jolene for taking us in for a week. We really didn't do much but we were together as a family with Abete. I can not begin to explain how wonderful it was to see my husband every night and every morning for 7 days in a row. We did take all our bikes and scooters and planned to picnic, visit parks and spend the week out of doors but alas someone else had other plans for us. It rained, snowed and the wind blew at a wonderful 24 degrees.
We did however visit the library, play lots of great card games and had the most wonderful meals. Thanks to Isaac and Lisa (my cousin) for having us over for dinner. I still need her recipe for Alfredo. We got to spend lots of time with their boys Carson, Parker and Bridger and what fun the kids all had together. My kids were in tears as we drove out of town. Taron said it wasn't that he wanted to live in Vernal but he didn't want to leave. (hmmmmm)

I am reminded how blessed I am to have been born to such a goodly family. Going to Dan and Jolene's is always like going home for me. Something about their home reminds me of my grandparents. Jolene baked the yummiest wheat bread and rolls and was gracious enough to let me cook for my husband as much as I wanted in her kitchen. I am grateful for their good example and willingness to open their home to my husband while he works in Vernal. We enjoyed playing Rage and Scrub (that may be the wrong name) and long talks late into the evening.

Over all and most important, Abete and I were together. One day the kids and I surprised him by taking treats and a card and putting them in his car so when he got back from the oil field he would find them. Can't do that from Pocatello. We cuddled while watching movies and got to have family prayer every night in person and not on speaker phone. The best part was our couples prayer holding hands and each morning before he left for work. I admire Abete's desire to serve our Heavenly Father and am ever so grateful for the direction our family is headed.


Spring Break was a wonderful week about family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! What a great spring break. I remember going to dinosaur land as a kid. I'm sure my own kids would love it. Maybe you will move to Vernal. I never thought I would live in the South. We never know. (Do we?)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.