Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One Year

I was just thinking about what I was doing a year ago at this time. Things were really different around here. Just out of an addictive relationship, trying to love being with myself and finally understanding who I am and what I want, this guy contacted me through a dating website. (YUCK-I first thought.) We emailed a few times. Exchanged pictures. Exchanged phone numbers and started talking pretty casually. I remember thinking this is nice. No expectations, no talk of being together or even meeting. Just a nice voice to talk to once in a while. We did not meet until two months later.

Little did I know...a year later here we are. I am grateful I gave him a chance. I am grateful I stopped allowing fear to keep me from taking a chance. I am grateful my Father in Heaven loved me enough to not give up on me and felt I also deserved to have my prayers answered.

I love you Abete. Thank you for being who you are. You are not perfect, but you are perfect for me.

Second day @Salt Lake Temple.
People told him to go get in the picture with his family
and they took our picture.
Day 2, James Taylor Concert
How can you not fall in love listening to him??

When we first met- Hogle Zoo, Aug 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.