Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School - For Me Too

Previously I decided to stay home this semester and enjoy being mother, wife and this pregnancy. Let's face it...what is enjoyable about being pregnant. No I am kidding. Now that the medication I am taking is helping alleviate the symptoms I am enjoying this experience more. However, since I was feeling better, I started pondering my deep desire to finish my M.A. With classes starting next week the time was now to decide what I wanted to do. I called my advisor, my mom and my sister and did try to talk to Betz but he was not reachable and when I decide to do something . . .I am an all of nothing . . .so without the consent from my husband I rushed to ISU and paid for Fall Semester classes.

If I go this semester, in order to complete my degree I will only need to take one 600 level class and then write my thesis. I am that close. I do want to focus on being a good wife and mother but I also know finishing my degree will only be that much harder once baby is here. My classes end before the kids get home from school and with very good time management I believe I can get all my studies done during the day and after 2:30, I am all about the kids.

When Betz was finally able to call home he was worried about my frantic messages to call home but once I explained my choice he was very supportive and felt the same as I did. Love that guy!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be so glad to get it over with now more than later!Good luck with school Tara, how many credits are you taking? or classes?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.