Today after lunch in the park and an early morning 2 mile walk with the kids and friends, I decided I needed a nap. I was really trying to sleep off my nausea and keep at least one meal down. I slept the first hour with the kids playing outside with friends but then they all came in and with their shouting I could not sleep anymore. Thus the order for friends to go home and Belle to nap and boys sent downstairs for one hour of quiet time came.
During this time I had the strangest dream. When I woke up another hour later I was really out of sorts and feeling a little disoriented. Have you ever had those dreams?
In my dream, I woke up from my nap and got showered so we could go to the store for the boys to spend some money burning a whole in their pockets, just as we planned to do today in reality. We loaded up in the suburban and headed down the street. All of this feeling very real. We turned onto Monte Vista and we were on our way. About a quarter of the way down the road my lips started to tingle and go numb. This happens when ever I have a migraine coming on. I have not had one in a few months and thought of course now it hits. When migraines come on they come on quick. Once the tingling starts I only have 10 minutes or so to get my meds in me and isolate myself in a dark, quiet room and wait for it to pass or deal with the pain. I pulled over and started explaining to the kids that we would have to turn back because I was feeling a migraine come on, when we saw an out of control, blue full size work van headed towards us. Because I was already at a full stop I was able to drop the gear into reverse and hit the gas to get out of the way of the van.
For those of you that don't know Monte Vista, it is a road with only one row of houses on the one side with and a huge drop off behind them. It is at the top of a hill. I was driving along the side with the drop off. As the blue van went out of control it went in between two houses and off the side of the hill from view. Taron grabbed my cell phone and dialed 911 while I drove as close to where they went over as I could. I frantically spoke to the dispatcher, gave her our location and then ran down the hill to the van. Other people started to show up and after carefully climbing through weeds over the terrain, we starting pulling the passengers from van. I was in a panic worrying about my baby but knowing I could not just leave these men.
Right at the point I was feeling a full extent of exhaustion and fear, my kids ran in my room and announced it had been an hour asking if they could go get their friends. WOW! What was that? I felt confused and disoriented. One moment I was saving my family and pulling men from a damaged van and then I am safe in my bed with my children all around me.
Realizing it was all a dream, I wondered what it meant. It had felt so real to me. When I replayed the dream events in my mind I thought of the tingling in my lips and realized I wasn't getting a migraine at all. Heavenly Father was keeping me and my children safe from harm. Maybe it was all a dream but I know there was a message for me in there. My father is close to me in all I do. I imagine we have no idea how many times he interceded to protect us from danger. I am grateful to have this knowledge. I am grateful to know our precious baby is now in Heaven with the Father preparing to come to earth. I am grateful to be given the opportunity to raise up another child to our Father in Heaven. Mostly I am grateful for a loving husband that prays every day for me and the kids and our baby to be. He has strong faith unlike any I have ever seen.
I am still feeling a little out of sorts but I wanted to write this before I forgot any of my dream and when I leave the house next time I am turning down Booth and not taking Monte Vista. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. Thanks.