Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Fantabulous Weekend . . .

with one fantabulous husband. Let me be the first to admit the last few months have been overshadowed with struggles, stress and occasionally me in a very dark place. Alas, water aerobics, a change in attitude and a little help from above can make the darkness lift . . . just in time to enjoy the celebration of our one year anniversary.

This year has been trying to say the least. However, today in Sunday school and relief society I was reminded I knew the struggle that would find me in this life. We all did. Yet, because I knew the glory and the joy awaiting all of us at the end, I agreed to this journey. I love the journey. I love the companion I walk this path with.

Saturday we enjoyed time with each other starting with a couples massage. I do love my regular massage therapist and will stay with her for personal massage but when Abete and I go together, we will sure use the same day spa. The experience was memorable. We then went to a movie (I didn't even make us go to a chick flick) and followed it up with dinner at Red Lobster. The evening concluded with the Dallas Cowboys game (sorry baby-I was happy with the end result) and a game with the Contreras family of Catch Phrase. I love all my family!!

Today was spent together in church and there really is no greater place to spend time together. After church as I was making dinner I realized our steak and shrimp would be in abundance for just three of us (with the boys with their dad) so we invited some friends to share our anniversary dinner with us.

Thanks Abete for being my husband and partner. We still have hurdles to get over but together we can do anything. For now, we are focusing on the preparations for Olaya joining us.

Here's to a wonderful year ahead and many years to come. Love you baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. Tara-I am the wife of one of Abete's friends, Saki Vakalala, and I look at your blog once in awhile and had had to comment, though you don't know me. Saki and I (elizabeth) are overjoyed that Abete has found someone as wonderful as you! I always told Saki Abete just needed the right woman in his life and you two sound like the best match! So happy you're thriving in family life and together and attending church!!! You have adorable children and that's so neat you're expecting a little girl so soon :) www.mykiwibirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! May all anniversaries pass as well as the first.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.