Sunday, October 31, 2010

South East Idaho Youth Football League Championship

Pocatello has one of the most impressive indoor football arena's in the nation
(considering our 50,000 population).
Watching my baby run out on the field, hearing his name over the pa,
and dressing up in hunter orange was a memory I will never forget.

This year our team went undefeated during the regular season.
Earning the nickname "Rudy" came with lots of frustration.
My little giant weighs in as the smallest guy on the team but
by all accounts has the biggest heart.
At one point in the season, Taron discussed wanting to quit.
He just wasn't feeling valued or needed on the team.
The only thing I could say was to see it to the end.
I told him one day he would look back on this time in his life.
I explained it wasn't very likely that he would say,
"I just wish I would have quit a few weeks sooner".
Rather I imagine he would say it,
"I was a part of a championship football team."

I think he is very happy he saw it through.


We sure had fun in the stands cheering him on.


Olaya even sported her football leggings.
Big hit.


In the end....true champions played like champions.
At every practice and at every game these boys chant...

Who are we...BUCS.
Who are we...BUCS
What do we have? ....Heart
I wanna be a champion.
I wanna be a champion.
I will be a champion.
I will be a champion.
WHO ARE WE....BUCS

uh, ah it's on baby
uh ah it's on baby

Yes boys. You are champions.
The final score may have shown defeat.
But now you can say
I AM A CHAMPION.
I AM A CHAMPION.

Go BUC's. This momma Buc sure loves you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.