Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daddy and Daughter

One great blessing to come from the union and Abete and me,
is Bella now has her own father.
While in Kansas this week, he and Belle have spoke on the phone almost every day.
For whatever circumstances, on some nights, Belle has been asleep before he could talk to her.
I think he was heartbroken. His desire to talk to his daughter frequently is strong and sincere.

Last night, Bella and I went to Pizza Hut to redeem her Book It certificate.
She also received one to Texas Roadhouse but is saving it for her first Daddy Daughter Date.
It is beautiful to see the two of them loving each other.
A mother's prayer repeated daily for many many days and months
has truly been answered.
Over a year ago, when beautiful Isabella asked me where her father was, my heart was troubled and I struggled with my answer.
When I pursued adopting her, one great concern was if I was denying her a mother and father by loving and bringing her permanently into my home. Now she was asking the same thing.
I could only tell her, he was out there.
And then I prayed.
Thank you Father for answering my prayer.
I have to believe, the prayer of a pure heart and spirit closer to the veil,
had more to do with bringing this family together than I did.

2 comments:

  1. Tara,
    I am so happy for you. Abete and Bella look so happy together. I have not commented on your posts for awhile, but I am SO excited for you. Your wedding pictures look so great. It looks like it was an amazing day. You 5(plus 2)make such a cute family! Congrats. Hope to run into you soon.
    :)JaNae

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes! We are so happy for you! Wish we could have made it to the wedding celebration.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.