



Even as we are celebrating in Pocatello all the many glorious things happening in our lives, our family is suffering with severe flooding in Nadi. My heart is pained to see the devastation. Last night Betz and I discussed our personal finances and I was feeling like the next few months are going to be very difficult. Just like much of the nation, the recession has started to make its presence known in Vernal. However, we are confidant if we do what the Lord asks of us, we will be OK.
This is not so much the case for our family in Fiji. With the flooding they have lost everything. Their home is under water. All the appliances in the home are gone. Clothes are gone. I can not imagine having to start completely over. I look around my humble home and my heart aches for those with out. We are scrimping and saving to send money to our children and family in Nadi. I don't know where it will come from but we have so much in comparison.
I would never ask for myself. But I know we are truly blessed in this land. If anyone has even a few dollars to send and would like to contribute to helping our family simply buy some clothes and food, please contact me. Sending items is very expensive. It seems money is the fastest way to get them assistance.
I would never ask for myself. But I know we are truly blessed in this land. If anyone has even a few dollars to send and would like to contribute to helping our family simply buy some clothes and food, please contact me. Sending items is very expensive. It seems money is the fastest way to get them assistance.
Even now, after I have watched the videos and read the news articles, I can not comprehend that while we are safe and clothed, our children in Fiji have nothing.
Kiti and Summer, I have yet to meet and hold you in my arms, however you reside in my heart and we will do everything we can to meet your needs. I know your father, is carrying a heavy burden as he enjoys ample food, shelter and clothing. I sense his sadness and desire to provide a better life for you. This is all new territory for me. I pray I can be a lighthouse to him as he is burdened with two families, each with unique struggles to tackle. Our thoughts and prayers are with you continually. Please hold on. Help is coming. We love you! "Hold on, hold on, the light will come."
Again, if anyone would like to contribute, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. It is amazing what only a few dollars can do in Nadi. Please, please, more than anything, remember them in your prayers.
I am so sorry to hear that! Let me now if there is any thing I can do for you. I dont have any money as is. I can bearly afford to buy food for us. But I will keep you and your kids in my prayers! If you dont mind me asking how come you dont bring them to the usa?
ReplyDelete