Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One Resolution

Sunday, I woke at 8:30 a.m. and started preparations for church at 11:00 a.m. Believe this was a sacrifice because my amazing husband is only home two mornings a week and cuddle time is very limited for us. However, I really want Sundays to be led with the spirit and my goal is to be on time to church. To my great distress, I still arrived just as the opening song was beginning.

By on time, Abete and I agree, means to be to the church 1o minutes before sacrament starts so we can listen to the music and prepare ourselves mentally to feel the spirit. Prior to getting to the church I want the spirit to start at home. This has been a struggle for me for quite some time. I don't know what it is about Sunday's but the kids and I can't seem to get ready very quickly. Never fails, clothes are missing, shoes are lost, dark socks for the boys are not matched, teeth brushing takes 30 minutes and so on and so forth.

Abete and I have discussions regarding this. I am grateful to have his wisdom and guidance in our home. He approaches parenting much more calm and peaceful than I do. He has organized our Saturday for time to prepare for Sunday (just as the primary song goes). He has given me suggestions as to have the boys dress one at a time in their room and have the other doing something else so as to not give them the opportunity to disturb each other. BRILLIANT!

The high councilman's talk in sacrament was regarding keeping the sabbath day holy. Music to my ears!! His stories and words truly touched my heart. Ironically his words regarding tuning out negative sounds and detracting things from the spirit hit me as the two men behind me discussed BYU sports!!! AARGHHHHH! Distractions are everywhere. However I continued to ponder this topic.






In Sunday school Sister Ward, as usual, gave a very touching lesson as we begin the D & C. One scripture stuck with me and hit me hard as she read these words, "D & C Section 6:20 . . .Behold thou art Oliver, and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in the heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love."

I will encircle thee in the arms of my love- Sweet words to my ears. I want to feel the embrace of my Savior. I desire my children to feel the arms of love from Christ. This is our goal as a family this year and forever. He asks us to be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments and he WILL encircle us in love. Is there no greater promise?

My heart is full and my desire is pure to be a faithful servant of our Heavenly Father. Sundays in particular, we desire to dedicate this day unto thee. I am grateful for the spirit Abete carries with him and brings to our home. We have nightly family prayer, on speakerphone, Sunday night we held FHE and plan to each week as to hold it as a family before Tata leaves for Vernal, and we have morning prayer as a family (again on speakerphone). Abete and I are still reading the Book of Mormon each night (will Alma ever end?) and this time is very special to me. We each read a page and then we pray and discuss what we have just read. Learning about Abete through his insight and discussing the gospel is a beautiful thing. We are motivated to complete the Book of Mormon and get to Doctrine and Covenants.
I know the road ahead will be difficult and riddled with boulders and pebbles to lead us off the path. But we are promised to be encircled with the arms of the Savior's love and I am at peace. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.