Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Greetings!!!! From the middle of nowhere.....

People always ask me where Vernal is when I tell them that is where Betz works during the week. This place really is in the middle of nowhere, and a few hours from nothing and on your way to nowhere. That said . . .Belle and I came here to spend a week with our man and that makes it the most fabulous place on earth.

We arrived Saturday to an underground oven dinner at the park with two Fijian families. I don't think I will ever stop loving the sound of Betz speaking and laughing in his native tongue. While at the park a traveling replica of the Vietnam Memorial was on display. As the sun set and the lights came on it was really something to behold. When we approached to take a close look there were tributes to soldiers from the Uintah Basin. It really took my breath away.

Sunday we got up for church and went with Meli in the chapel next to the Vernal Temple. How wonderful to go to church in the shadow of the House of the Lord. We only stayed for sacrament but it was wonderful.

Monday Betz had to be to work at 3 a.m. and got home at 11:30 p.m. Long day for him and hard for me to be here without him all day.

Tuesday was better. He went in at 8 and was off around noon. We spent the rest of the day at the park with Belle and her friend. This reminded me why I fell in love with this man. We rested in the shade on a blanket, talking, as we watched our beautiful daughter run through the gigantic sprinklers and strike up conversations with every person to cross her path. Quite the little social bug that one. We went home and I was really craving tomato soup with macaroni noodles and grilled cheese sandwiches. What a good man to indulge my every craving. Sadly after consuming my tasty treat I visited my new favorite room in the house and gave it all up. Betz has a new appreciation for morning (all day) sickness. He is always good to bring be a glass of water and ask if I need anything. Thanks babe!! In the evening when we were taking back some redbox movies, as we drove past the temple we saw Meli walking out. I am grateful Betz has good, strong friends down here in Vernal that set a great example to him. How amazing to live one block from the temple. We were in bed by 8:30 since he had to be to work at 1 in the morning on Wed.

Today Belle and I are hanging out at the library and going to call a high school friend living here in Vernal and see what she is up to. For the most part we have been sleeping late, watching movies and reading when I am not visiting the porcelain throne. I am dreading the drive back. I may have to stay here until it goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.