Monday, July 6, 2009

Better late than never.....Salt Lake Trip

The first five pictures should be after the second five...they loaded wrong.
Saturday morning we woke up early,
checked out of our hotel
had breakfast and then went to Taylorsville for the parade.
(Since our original plan was to drive home Sat night,
our reservation for Sat night was at the hotel across the parking lot.)
This is the second year I have gone.
They have all sorts of free activities for everyone.
At the end of the parade, the fire department turns the hoses on people.
It is really funny and the kids loved it.
They dont' spray everyone and they give warning.
The the fire truck stops all the kids (and some adults)
trun over to it and wait to get sprayed.
The kids loved this.





Finally we made it to the temple open house.
I didn't get any pictures while we were there.
A funny thing happened while inside.
Taron and I were at the back of the line.
As we were turning a corner, he saw a restroom and asked to go.
Betz was already gone so I figured I better stay with Taron.
Once completed (the bathroom was beautiful)
we started back on the rest of the tour.
It was so different this time.
I was not with Abete when they let us sit in the sealing room.> I didn't like it.
Only Taron and I were in there.
What a relief when we exited the building and found
the rest of our family
waiting for us.

The rest of the day is not full of happy events like I had planned.
Sometimes marriage with all the good and the bad that comes with it
is a difficult arena to navigate.
I didn't do so well Sat. evening.
I think I left my marriage GPS back at home.
We didn't make it to the second reception and felt really bad about it.
However, things improved and we made the most of our time
with the kids at the hotel pool and eating pizza.

I am very grateful for a loving husband. He may drive me absolutely crazy but I know he loves me and I love him. We are in this thing for the long haul. We are still trying to balance two opinions and I have to learn to relenquish power and not freak out about his driving (seriously this could be our undoing)>. He endures my left handed Mexican Leo passions and temprements and I applaud him for that. It is easy for him to snap out of things and I need time to sit....as my sister in law says....when she and my brother argue, she needs time to climb in her pot and stew for a while. I have to agree. I want to be better at this but recognizing it is a part of the way I process things is good as well. I love you baby. It was a great weekend over all and I was very sad to part ways in Salt Lake Sunday afternoon....he to Vernal, us to Pocatello.
Must mean I love him.



This is the real beginning.


We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot by the airport.
It was absolutely fabulous.
The pool and hot tub were 24 hours.
Abete and I had our own room with king bed and
the kids had a queen size pull out
and Belle fit on the chair. I go the room ridiculously cheap on priceline and
gn=center>when I spoke to my friend Michele who was also on SL for the weekend,
she was at the same hotel, three doors down.

Kids getting ready for the pool.


Two of my fish.
Notice Taron uses his goggles by suctioning them to his face.

Taron is growing into a fine young man.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.