Saturday, January 16, 2010

As I think of the focus for 2010 and the goals I would like to achieve, only one event stands out to me (that is in my control).





We hope and are working to attend the temple very soon. We are not sure which one to be sealed in quite yet. Of course the important point is to do the work, however we would like it to be one that has special meaning to us. Sadly, those temples (San Antonio, TX and Suva, Fiji) are far far away.

Any suggestions? Why is a particular temple special to you?

6 comments:

  1. Maybe one that family has been sealed in... Parents grandparents etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temples that are special to me probably won't be all that special to you. But for me there are so many!! One would be the Manti Temple, because some of my ancestors were integral players in the building and my grandfather who my son is named for was actually baptized in the font there. Also the Salt Lake Temple. Simply because of the effort it took to build it and the sacrifices that were made. And the Nauvoo. It is so beautiful and has such an amazing history!! Also because many members of my family were in it together at one time. That is a significant memory for me. The Mount Timpanogos is special to me for two reasons. First, I lived right down the hill while it was being built. It felt like it was "our temple". Once it was finished we could see the spires from my parent's bedroom window. And we'd go with friends before school started a lot of the time to do baptisms. And also because it's where my husband and I and our beautiful little girl (she was 4 months old at the time) and future children were sealed as a family. I lived in the Washington DC area for a while and that temple is beautiful beyond belief! When you come around this bend on the freeway it looks like the temple is floating on a green cloud because of all the trees. They actually call it the Emerald City. :) And I love the San Diego Temple, because when it was built I lived there and went through the open house. It was the very first time I'd set foot in a temple. I'm pretty sure I could come up with any excuse for a temple to be a favorite. I just love them!! I can't wait for you to be sealed as a family!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alot of people seem to have a strong desire to be married in salt lake... honestly, wherever you are sealed will have that super special meaning to you! we chose mount timpanogos... not for any special reason, other than it was close and convenient for many of my family and suka's friends! wherever it is, it will be "your" temple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, my first choice for where to get married was the San Diego Temple, the second was Manti, Ut we ended up being sealed in the Columbia River, Washington temple. It boiled down to the most important thing was not where but that the sealing happened. No matter what temple you choose, it will be special to you and your family becuase of the wonderful blessing that occur within those sacred walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get sealed anywhere near us I'd love to take your pics Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite temple is the Vernal temple for so many reasons. I received my endowments in Salt Lake, but then lived in Vernal and had many special experiences here. I was a temple worker for 8 months before I got married, as well as served in the baptistry once a week. I got married in the Vernal temple. After getting married, my husband and I were called to clean the Vernal temple on Friday nights. Because of all of that, I have been in every single room in the Vernal temple and had sacred, special experiences that endear the Vernal temple to me. I love smaller temples because of the personal attention and the special touches. I also think the grounds are gorgeous. Anyway, that's my all time favorite temple. Whereever you get sealed will be special and sacred.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.