the birds sing good morning....
or that is what I previously thought.....
I have a simple wreathe
hanging just outside my front door.
It watches over all the comings and goings of our home.
Apparently I wasn't keeping well enough watch over it.
Imagine my surprise to discover
our home was a construction zone
to a new home for a new family.
A mother felt safe bringing her babies to my front door.
Realizing they are only starlings,
not a red robin or blue jay,
I still smile each time I pass the thresh hold of my home,
where I also feel safe bringing my babies,
to see five beautiful eggs,
preparing to bring forth new life.
The pictures show four but the next day five were there.
Eventually this family will have to relocate.
But from one mother to another,
mi casa es su casa.




That is so cute-bet you shut the door a whole lot softer now. I love it! hope you are having a good day, love you-Maria
ReplyDeleteOh, it is like Easter right outside your door!
ReplyDelete