Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Olaya's Blessing Part 2

Abete placed a beautiful blessing upon Olaya.
From my seat, I could tell he was nervous when
he tried to name her Losana.
Quickly correcting this and naming her
Olaya Losana Batini,
he went on grant her
the blessings our father has in store for her.
Of all the blessings of the Gospel,
family is the closest to my heart.
We were surrounded by many family members.

In addition to family,
friends makes our lives worth while.
While living in this ward,
I had the awesome experience of crossing paths
with Cheryl and her family.
Seven months back they left Pocatello and moved
to Dickinson, North Dakota.
When I called her with news of the upcoming blessing,
she did not hesitate to say they would make the 14 hour drive
to be in attendance on our special day.
While the weekend was short and
I had to share her with others,
we were able to steal away moments
of girl talk over cake batter and cheesy potatoes.
(I love you my friend, my sister.)
I am forever grateful to the example of my mother.
She is a beautiful example inside and out.

I think I have a special relationship with my nephew Miguel.
When he comes to stay the night,
instead of playing with the kids
and watching movies,
he joins me in the kitchen for cookie making
(I know he only does it to be closest to the dough.)
After the meeting, he asked to come straight home with me.
(I know now it is only to get closest to Olaya.)
His eyes melt my heart.  As we took pictures in the foyer,
he pleaded and pleaded to hold Olaya.
Oh my Taron....you will be such an awesome father.
The proud parents.

My sweet, talented friend Clydene made Olaya's dress.
Clydene is very special to me.
Two years ago, my first Sunday in this ward,
Clydene introduced herself to me and the kids
as we sat in the foyer during sacrament
(late as usual).
She welcomed us with open arms.
Ever since, she has proven herself
a devoted mother, grandmother and friend.

The ribbon on Olaya's dress was also used to make
the bow for her head by my sister Sharen.
Everything she wore was made with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.