Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Times

This week has been full of fun activities.  Tues Keaton had pack meeting.  His den performed a skit and he and Taron did the haka.  Wish I caught a picture of that.  Olaya had my attention a little.  I was able to catch one snapshot of the skit.

Wed was the last day of school for all three kids.
Taron had sixth grade graduation.
This mamma couldn't have been prouder.
I once thought looking across a crowded room
and catching the eye of a boyfriend/spouse
was pure heaven.
I had no idea how that would compare to looking
across a crowded cafeteria/gym
to meet eyes with my number 1.
He changed my world almost 12 years ago...
and keeps changing it.
Everyday with my children
is better than the one before.
Wishing I could freeze him,
all of them,
crosses my mind frequently.
Then I hold my oldest and my youngest
in my arms,
painfully aware how quickly they grow
while also joyful to be witness to it all.

Life is good.
It is even better when shared with friends.
Finally I captured a picture of my close friend Kelly
when she joined me for Taron's graduation.
Incidentally she is in the top picture with Keaton.
One year ago she was the one I called on
Talks with her over lunch have helped
me get through some difficult and joyous times.
She spent time with me as I labored at home with Olaya.
As she is also married to a Polynesian,
we share anecdotes over the
challenges and fun we have.
Most important.....
she believes in the power of a hug.

It has been a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have scouts in your ward. Our branch doesn't have that and I am trying to find a troop in town for my son. Everyone looks like they are growing, even little Olaya. It really does go so fast. Thank goodness you and I never get any older. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.