Thursday, May 21, 2009

Confirmation

Dr's at Primary Children's Hospital confirmed Traeton had a stroke yesterday evening. They still do not know why and may not ever know. Test results show his heart is fine and from what I understand they are keeping him overnight. You have to know this kid to understand his sweet, strong spirit. Twice he has broken his arm, one of which required surgery and pins, he has been kicked by a horse, numerous cuts and bruises and yet he maintains this innocent resilience. He is a special spirit that truly is a symbol of faith and endurance.

Maria and Jeff are wonderful parents. Recently Jeff chose to look for work only in Pocatello in order to be closer to his family and maybe he was inspired considering the events that have just taken place. I am always amazed at the strength my sister has. She is calm and peaceful in the face of adversity although I know inside she is scared and uncertain just like all of us. Regardless she continues to turn to her faith.

As I write this, her other son, Miguel, is playing "transformers" with the boys on the living room floor. In all honestly he is beating the two of them up (in a good way). This kid can body slam. Right now he is trying to push over Keaton . . .not working, but he is trying. He has a hold of Taron by the back of his shirt and won't let go. This kid does not give up. So much like his Mother. I wish he were staying with me under different circumstances but I am grateful for the time to have him in my home. (Seriously, this three year old could take both my boys down.) He knows he is staying with me so that his Mommy can help Traeton get better. He loves his brother and says Traeton's face was drippy. He says it is cool Trae got to ride in a helicopter.

So many things to be grateful for tonight. Family being the most important.

5 comments:

  1. It is fortunate that you all live so close together that you can give support. While there are many great things that have come to us in the years that we have lived 'on our own', it is at times like these that it is the most difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and little Traeton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, so u have to try Picnik.com it is amazing. I have previously used photoshop but now Im hooked on Picnik. It is soo fun. My friend showed me and then today I was making that chicken in a pan with a tan dish and she posted about picnik. YOu have to try it!! oh and I figured out how to post on you blog, I have to be signed into my blog account..wow im dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tara for helping with Miguel. It was hard to leave him, but I knew he was in good hands. Thank you for the prayers and support-I know the Lord was watching out for Traeton and helping all of us through this. We still have our moments, but things are good. I will let you know what our schedule will be like, but til then-Thanks for everything you have done and for your beautiful blog (pictures and words). We Love you guys, Love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I edited that pic from that site. Also the wedding pic on the left column. SOO much better. The rice dish was good, very easy(i like that). What do you use to make your videos. I use a free software that works really good, its called Photo Story 3 for Windows. Its free to download.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.