Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dr. Visit 24 weeks

So from last months visit I am up 4 lbs. (still down from when I started though), blood pressure good but +1 on protein in my urine. Have to go have that retested on Monday. MUST PUSH FLUIDS!!! I didn't tell the nurse I am existing on cake, pie and milk these days. Otherwise everything else looked great. I love listening to Olaya's heart beat. Sweet music to my ears.

I had to wait just a little bit in the waiting room and was able to enjoy some time with another mother. We all have a story. We all have great joy and experience overwhelming pain. It was nice to hear a little bit of her story. I didn't even share anything about my current struggle but I felt lifted talking to her as she nursed her baby and prepared to head home. I was sad when they called me back. I could have visited with her all day. Don't you love connecting with other human beings?

For a few minutes, I was consumed with the life of another daughter of God while laughing at the joys of the beautiful 7 week baby in her arms. To my anonymous new friend, God Bless You on your journey.
Thanks for sharing 10 minutes of your life with me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It got me all excited for my first appointment (which isn't until 12/16, but still!). I want to hear that heartbeat and have that extra connection with this new little spirit. Being able to bring life into the world is such an amazing thing! Such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the heartbeat. It is always such a reassuring sound, as is the lulling sound of pleasant conversation. Good for you for enjoying both. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.