This evening I got a frantic call from my Bishop. I hear him blurt out, "My phone is going to die. I have a turkey, rolls and pie from the dinner tonight, would you like them?"
Yes, I say. Click...his phone died.
Guess what I am enjoying right now....I still have an entire German chocolate cake (minus one slice) on the counter but tonight I am indulging in a beautiful cherry pie with a little vanilla ice cream. I know what you are thinking....I must be comforting my sorrows with food....but really I am not. Or you could say I am pregnant....and yes I am but truth is when someone gives you a cherry pie, I believe the proper response it to eat it.....right away. :)
Kids are asleep, long day at school, presentation in class, got home and since we missed family reading night at the school due to my class, had picnic dinner in the living room while I read to the kids, news is on and I am loving my treat. Savoring beautiful moments.....so they happen to involve food...what is a girl to do??
I'm so jealous right now. First the cake, now the pie. I mean, I know life is rough right now, but geez!! Send some love my way!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI say indulge. You deserve it!!
ReplyDeleteI also love a little ice cream after the kids go to bed. Nothing wrong with that. Hang in there- it was nice to spend some time with you on Saturday. Fun to get to go and do something with us older girls, even if it was brief. Love ya-Maria
ReplyDelete