Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So Many Blessings . . .


I can testify to the beauty of the spirit of our Heavenly Father in people everywhere. This afternoon I was working on school stuff in the computer lab at ISU and ran into a classmate. We really don't know each other. She sits on the other side of the room but once we had a brief talk during one of our breaks.


Today as we visited, she asked how the pregnancy was going (even if she forgot from before, hard to hide that I am now). We laughed about pregnancy stories and then she asked about Betz. I tried not to show my hesitation but she sensed something was wrong. We spoke some more. I shared with her a little of the challenge we are facing. Funny, she married a guy from Canada and had a little knowledge of the process (she also went through a divorce and shared that experience with me as well- we all experience pain and trials). She looked at me and said she felt I needed a hug and hoped it was ok. YES!! I love hugs! I think she needed one as much as I did. We then exchanged numbers and said if either of us needed someone to talk to we now could talk.


A few hours later, I was still in the lab working. My phone said I had a picture message and when I checked it, she had sent me a picture of the Savior. I think this is my favorite forward ever! I saved it as my main screen. Now, each time I look at my phone I get to look at my Redeemer. (The same picture at the top of this post.)


Blessings come in all sorts of ways. Thanks Mickey for your sweet words, open heart and open arms.


In other news....I made a German chocolate cake to indulge in this evening. I am going to frost it, then sit and watch Biggest Loser. Is there a better way to spend a Tuesday evening?

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out okay. I will be thinking about you guys! Also, indulging while watching the biggest loser is my favorite activity!! And cake sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful person!! I think too many times I think I may be offending or bothering someone by sharing moments like this. What a great example!! And as for that cake, want to mail some to Wyoming?! It sounds delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara

    Please call me 707-703-8881...Finau

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your blog, thought I would take a second to see how you are doing. Good to hear that your spirits are a bit higher. Hope you are getting good news about the deportation. Let me know-Love Ya, Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.