Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Love the Sabbath


Last night I had a crazy crazy dream. I was 6 weeks from my due date and little Olaya decided to come. I was at the hospital and Dr said it was fine to deliver. I asked if my husband had time to make it in. For some reason he was in San Antonio (not Fiji). Since my deliveries are usually only a few hours I asked if he thought this one would happen fast. He felt it would. Two days later I still had not delivered.....I woke up before Abete or Olaya got there. WEIRD!!!


Next, church today was wonderful. The support I felt from my ward family was overwhelming. I am a true believer in the healing powers of human contact. Today that belief was reaffirmed. We should really hug more often....all the time....not just when people are facing challenges. Can you imagine all the good that would be spread? I was hugged. I was cried with. I was loved. Thank you to all my dear sisters in Relief Society that filled the row I was on to be close to me. Not for one moment was I alone today at church (even while in the restroom so I could continue telling all that is happening-LOVE YOU KELLI!!!).


I sang with the choir in sacrament meeting. The healing power of music is also my testimony. I love to sing. The sabbath music fills me with sweetness. I am glad I can stand shoulder to shoulder with those that sing praises unto the Lord. And thanks to my Mom for joining me today in sacrament meeting to hear me sing. I know she had already been to her meetings and had to go to work for a few hours but she stopped to sit with me for an hour.


I know it is sometimes hard to understand when people go through trials. Maybe we have been hurt by that person in the past or don't have all the information about why things are happening for someone. Maybe we question if they did this to themselves. These are all valid possibilities. However, that is not how the Lord wants us to respond. Satan is the only one that would want us to question someone's pain. Our role as saints, friends, family is to lift those around us. Embrace them. Comfort them. Mourn with them. I felt encircled today by my ward family. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


2 Nephi 1:15

" . . . I have beheld his glory,

and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.


I am so grateful for a loving supportive husband. We are dealing with this situation apart from each other. We speak as often as we can. He lifts me as we discuss the strength we must have to get through this. I love you Abete Batini. You are my light and my rock. You are worth fighting for even when I feel I have no more fight in me. Thank you for working so hard to provide for your family. Thank you for not being discouraged when we talk. Thank you for allowing me to be angry and afraid and then calming my fears with your knowledge of the Savior and his love for us. Thank you for believing I am worth fighting for. I will follow you to Fiji if I have to.



Ether 12:66

And now, I, Moroni,

would speak somewhat concerning these things;

I would show unto the world

that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen;

wherefore, dispute not because ye see not,

for ye receive no witness

until after

the trial of your faith.


This is the trial of our faith and we will endure to the end. All my love to you. Your words (leave comments-hint) mean everything to us. Thanks to all our friends and family who joined in our fast. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue to pray for all those we love and care for.


Tara

1 comment:

  1. The strength of others is a wonderful blessing. I'm so glad you were uplifted today. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all works out for the best. And although the Lord's will be done, I am praying that His will will be easy for you to bear. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.