Friday, July 2, 2010

A Day At Camp

When I was asked to join Keaton's troop up at day camp, I was a little reluctant.  At first I thought oh goodness with the baby how can I be expected to go.  That was the old Tara.  The old mother in me.  Now I see how all of this slips away so quickly.  Immediately I responded they could count me in.  Olaya loves to be in the snugli.  This way not only would she get an afternoon nestled close to my heart but Keaton would have his mother at camp with him.  We had a fabulous time.  I love watching this kid and for the first time I have pictures of my scout at day camp.  Sadly I never went with Taron.

I arrived when the kids were breaking for lunch.

Our first station was finger printing and codes.



I am pretty sure he enjoyed this station.





Next, bottle rockets.  We are going to do this one a home this summer.  Amazing what you can do with a paper towel tube, corked tube, a little water and an alka seltzer.



From there...well not really sure what this was.  The boys gathered items from the environment and placed them on this paper.  As the paper was exposed to the sun the item left an imprint on the paper.

Our last station was understanding abilities.  The boys took turns being blind folded while the others led them around.  They also tried out some crutches.


I missed archery, bb guns, magnets and science but understand they had a great time with those booths as well.

Keaton, Thanks for letting your mom join you at day camp.  Thanks for carrying my back pack of supplies.  You rock!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I have honestly been dreading scouts since the day I found out I was having a boy. I want Jack to be involved, I just don't want to have to put in the effort myself. :) Call me lazy. But this post actually has me looking forward to enjoying it WITH my son! Oh, and that boy of yours has THE brightest smile. So handsome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.