Sunday, July 4, 2010

God Bless America


Not much time to write as we are headed off to celebrate a grand birthday.  This celebration is one of my favorite of the year.  While my heart is filled with gratitude to be born to (not in because I was born in Panama) the greatest nation, I am experiencing a little unrest as I try to resolve the battle we are facing with immigration.  The rights and privileges I enjoy as a citizen of the United States of America can be challenged not by those outside my borders but from within.  We pray this battle will soon be over. 

As the founders of this nation knew, I know Heavenly Father is fighting for my family.  I know as I go to the park to listen to patriotic music performed by the city concert band I will be filled with joy and pride.  I will hold the hand of my husband, watch the faces of my children and soak in the moment.  I will breathe in my freedom.  Later we will gather under the stars with friends to watch the spectacular celebration in the sky.  There will be one moment tonight when my eyes will leave the sky, take a panoramic span with my gaze and commit that image to memory.  I will then close my eyes for a moment.  Allowing my thoughts to draw inward I will say a little prayer this event will be replayed the following year with all my family surrounding me.  I will say a little prayer to my Heavenly Father thanking him for this moment and pleading with him to sustain our family and this nation.  Then...I will open my eyes and again watch the red, white and blue explosions in the black sky.

God bless America, land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans white with foam,
God bless America,
My home sweet home

YES!!  God Bless America, Land that I LOVE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks.