Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I Have Learned Today

and it is only 6:00 p.m.
  1. When there is a hideous rotting smell coming from the kitchen, yes it can be the slip n slide that was put away wet......yes my friends....maggots.  First time I have ever had them in my home (that I know of) and they were on the wet plastic, maturing in the heat, from when we were on vacation and the house was shut up tight in 100 degree weather.  On the bright side.....in my attempts to find the cause of the putrid smell, my fridge, stove and the floor they rest on have never been so clean.
  2. Spending the birthday of a 94 years young woman brings a  deeper sense of adoration and respect to the circle of life.  I adore how she calls me her grand-daughter in law (even though her grandson and I parted ways 7 years ago) and treats my girls like her own.  She tells me she is their great-grandma even though there is no relation....just what I believe....family is who you want it to be.  It is who you love.  I am honored and humbled she considers me family.  In the phase of life I am in, loving the emotional and physical demands of an infant, two active children and one preteen, 2 hours or errands had my get up and go running on fumes.  In the phase of life she is in, two hours of being out and about was more than she had done in quite some time and needed to get home to rest.  At this slower pace, I cherish every day I have with my babies for I know, far to soon it will be a memory.  At this slower pace I cherish every day I have with Grandma Evelyn because far to soon it also, will only be a memory.  I am grateful we move at the same pace.
  3. While escaping the blistering afternoon heat in a dark movie theatre, the sensation of warmth on your fingers while loving on baby requires immediate action.  No need to wait for a bright seen to see what is dripping from babies lovely thigh or your index finger.  Get up and go!!!!  Never leave the house without a spare outfit in diaper bag no matter how long it has been since you needed one.  Luckily i learned this lesson with Taron.
  4. (my favorite)  When we do what our Heavenly Father asks us to do we will be blessed.  I saw this promise fulfilled today.  I have searched and searched the last two weeks for a flight to bring Abete home next week.  Nothing was available under $700.  Today being payday I wanted to get the ticket purchased before anything else.  I checked prices again....still $700.  Then I went to look at our account and started paying bills from our online bill pay.  I had it all worked out and saw how the money left over was not enough to cover two weeks of living expenses and our tithing.  I deleted everything.  I knew our tithing needed to come first.  I decided not to pay bills until I went to the bank to withdraw our tithing amount.  Then I went back online to go ahead and get Abete's ticket purchased.  I checked one sight again and the price came up in the $600's with Delta Airlines.  Right then I hopped over to Delta's website and entered my search information.  The ticket came up at a fraction of what I had previously found.  My cup runneth over.  The difference from the tickets was exactly what I needed to pay our tithing.  Sometimes (most times) the blessings are not immediate, but today the Lord found me worthy.  I am so grateful for his love and the knowledge I have that his hand is in all things.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. You have a way of making me feel how you feel. You do such a great job at painting the pictures even down to your emotions. I think Grandma Evelyn sounds like a very special person. It makes me laugh the movie theater thing. I think we have all learned that lesson. I learned it more than once because I am a little slower. :)
    Love you
    PS It took me years to have enough faith to pay tithes. I sometimes still go through times that I struggle with it. But as soon as I do find that faith I am always blessed whether big or small. I am so happy that Abete will be able to come home and be with his family. I am sure it is hard to be away from each other.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.