We have received verbal confirmation that Isabella's adoption day is May 4 @ 3:00 p.m. I can't begin to put in words what an answer to a mother's prayer this is. I whispered many many prayers asking Father to send Isabella's daddy to us. I asked him to help me make the right choice regarding this special angel I was able to have in my life. The journey was quite rocky bringing Isabella into my home. There were nights I didn't think I could make it through to the morning when she was taken from me. Although the circumstances that brought her home were less than desirable, I know it was part of the plan in order to get her home. In her short five years, she has endured much and triumphed in spite of the struggle. She is a beautiful, spirited young lady I am honored and grateful to call daughter. Like with all my children, there is not a day I don't think about the blessing it is to spend another day with them.
My heart is full as I see the materialization of having Isabella sealed to me. I have to thank my husband, Abete, for bringing this hope. We have a journey to make together to get to the temple but I know it is possible. Through him, Belle and I can never be parted again. While I am eager and anxious for May 4, I am reminded it is only a step to our ultimate goal of being and eternal family. I never want to be parted from my family again.
I can't help but wonder how all this plays out with my boys. I am grateful for their father, Stephen, and the direction he has taken in his life to be temple worthy. He is a good father and example to them. I know Heavenly Father would never keep me from them but the idea of dissolving the covenant that seals them to me is troublesome. I won't get into that right now, but it is something I am faced with contemplating. They are good boys. They are always concerned for their mother. I could not be happier with the relationship Abete has with all my children. He is truly Belle's father and to the boys he is a role model, example, and father figure. I sometimes wonder if Abete married me for my children because he is very close to each one. I am grateful for his desire to allow me to be home with "our" children. For the last five years this dream has been just that. He sacrifices everyday to allow me the blessing of full-time motherhood. For this I AM eternally grateful.
So anyway....celebrate with us May 4. After the adoption we will be coming home for a barbecue and everyone is invited to celebrate this milestone with us. (Call me and I can give you an assignment.)
Visit my first blog to see just how far we have come.
That's great news Tara!
ReplyDeleteYou know...I don't know everything, but I do know that our Heavenly Father knows the desires of our hearts and to have ALL your children be united to you eternally is a very righteous desire. I don't know how it all works, but when you try to live your life in line with the gospel, it all works out somehow.
ReplyDeleteI'm very excited for you guys and love reading all of your updates!
Definately worth counting down for! How exciting- what a happy day for you and your family. Kudos to you for having so much faith and trusting Heavenly Father's plan! I'm so happy for you all!
ReplyDelete