As the kids walked in the door from school, I was directing them in the things we need to do today. We have dinner at grandparents, need to take books back to the library, make jigglers and then I said "Betz is coming home tonight so we want to get everything done today."
My sweet Keaton says, "No, that's not who."
I was really surprised. I asked him who was coming home.
With all sincerity and a strong certainty he responds, "To us he is not Betz. He is Dad to us and to you he is Hon or Babe."
Thanks for the reminder Keaton. You are wonderful. I love these kids. I love how they teach me each day.
And I can't wait to see "Hon or Babe". I have not seen him in two weeks since last weekend I was in Texas. Get to feel his loving arms around me in less than 8 hours. WOO HOO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. Thanks.