
In the hospice center I watch the nurses and staff and think about their job. It must truly take an amazing person to deal with the things they have to on a daily basis. Death is a reality. When people come to this facility it is for one purpose only and these people are here to make that transition as easy on the patient as possible and for the family. At first I thought what a horrible place to be everyday. But then I thought some more.
As I have thought about this place, I believe the only way you could work here is if you believed. Otherwise how could you watch so many lives end. Wouldn't there have to be a greater meaning? Then I started thinking, WOW!! What an amazing job. To think of all those angels that walk those halls ready to escort their loved ones to the other side. I imagine the veil is very thin for my grandmother and the others in her facility. The nurses have the divine opportunity to prepare and ease people into departing this world and returning to our Father in Heaven. Is there any greater journey?
I am blessed to take this opportunity to be close to my grandmother before she returns home. I won't be here for the funeral, but that is ok. I got to hold my grandmothers hand again today and feel of her skin next to mine and whisper my love in her ear. These are the things I will remember until I can be reunited with her again.
I'm so sorry about you grandmother. I went through the same thing with my grandma in September. It was so very hard to see her in the assisted living center, but at the same time, there was such a peace when you walked in. She would sit and talk to her relatives that had been gone for so many years. I believe that the veil is a lot thinner than we think. I'm thinking about you during these hard times!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are getting the chance to be there. I'm sure you will remember this trip and be grateful for this time for the rest of your life.
ReplyDelete