Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saying Goodbye

This morning at 10:29 a.m. my grandmother was escorted into the next life as her husband held her hand and her five children surrounded her bed. The room was filled with many of her grandchildren and some great grandchildren as Victor (my dad) offered a family prayer and a prayer to release her from this life. It was the most beautiful spiritual moment I have thus been able to witness. She was peaceful as she just stopped. My Dad had not even finished praying. I have many feelings about this day and the only way for me to get them out of my head is to write them down. Sorry everyone. As I have been in San Antonio, my blog has really helped me process the events of each day. Today being the biggest. I want to put my thoughts on paper so that I can go to bed. But now as I try to write, I find I am not quite ready.

Thanks for everyone's support to me and my family. Tomorrow I fly home so I probably won't be on the computer. Love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Tara - What a neat thing to be there. I love reading your writing and hearing you express your love for your family. You have a gift with words. You always have a way of saying the things I mean to say. I just never have the words. My dad is much better for now. Thanks for praying for him and thinking of us. I am so glad you were with your Grandma at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful visit. Is is so nice that you have written it down and have photos so that you can have it forever. I am sure you will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks.