Imagine one suburban, one ice chest, one plastic tub, one baby stroller, 3 adults, 8 kids and one baby traveling through Yellowstone. Sure we could have taken two cars, paid twice the entrance fee but we would have missed all the laughs together. We did end up strapping the stroller to the top...helped a little. 

What a group.
Stunning.
Some wild life I could have gone without seeing. Funny thing was right after we saw this creature, my brother Manuel (soon deploying to Afghanistan) came up to my mom and said, "Loot what I got" as he placed the hose/straw thing from his camel back back pack on her shoulder. The Europeans walking past us sure got a good laugh.
In my defense, the wind was crazy that day. And forget the stroller. I LOVE carrying baby. It was so much easier than dealing with that big thing and she loves kangaroo hold far better than being pushed and not being close to me. And isn't she just the cutes thing in her sling???
Standard Old Faithful shot
If you look closely, I am in this picture also.
I don't think I remember how big Yellowstone Lake is. At parts it looked like the ocean.
Loving that wind.
A trip to Yellowstone wouldn't be complete without a buffalo sighting.
Run Manuel....Run.
For some reason I thought it was bigger.
With only one day to go through we couldn't make it to every stop. But every stop we made was FABULOUS. Reminded how lucky I am to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
He is growing way to fast.
She was running all over the place and loved being with all her aunts.
Olaya has her dad's look on her face.LOVE this beautiful woman. She is the best.
As we were ending the loop we talked about not seeing much wildlife. We spoke to soon. Just to the side of the rode we saw 6 elk having an evening snack.
The kids had a great time listening to all the languages spoken by the other tourists. While waiting for Old Faithful go off Manuel and I saved seats while everyone else went in the lodge for ice cream. The closer the time came to "kick off" seats were getting a prized commodity and there was the two of us and baby saving two benches. One lady started to set her things on out bench when I ever so politely told her we were saving them for my kids...I didn't have to say my mom, three of my kids and then my siblings so I just said my kids. You should have seen the look on her face when all those kids came marching out of the lodge and sat on the benches around me. She leaned over to her sister and said, "Those are all those ladies kids." Yes....and proud of it. Usually my mom gets that comment. This time I did.
We made it out of the park at dark. Day one a success.































I love that she thought all those kids were yours! Olaya definitely looks happy in the sling!
ReplyDelete